Monday, February 1, 2010

Today was my first official day of student teaching as it was the students’ first day of classes. I used most of the time of this boring day to get organized and to wrap my head around what exactly was going on. The curriculum here is different from ours in the states, and what they title their courses is also a change for me. My teacher is doing a great job in filling me in when I have questions. She seems like she is going to be a great math teacher to learn from.

Anyways, about my classes- we have a Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, and Year 11. These classes correlate to grades 7th- 10th in the states as their first grade is our kindergarten. There are varying learning abilities in these classes, and I found that the Year 9 class is going to be a bit challenging. It is a lower ability group of students. I helped one girl today, and it reminded me once more why I want to be a teacher. I feel the more challenging the class, the more rewarding it can be. I appreciate the diversity I am on track to experience this semester.

Last night, Brad and Izzy took me to their favorite Chinese restaurant down the road from their house. It was really good, and I tried fried squid. J Oh, and we had fried bananas for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment